Kohlrabi has such an interesting flavor but I have never thought of making a salad with it … until I found this recipe. The kohlrabi is drizzled with some olive oil and lemon juice and is paired with the savory cheese and thyme and voila! … a delicious salad is made!
If you like kohlrabi, you might be intetested in my kohlrabi soup recipe. Please click here.
Serves 2 people
- 1 kohlrabi (green, purple or white)
- handfull of hard goats’ cheese or sheeps’ cheese or any stronger flavored hard cheese
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- a few springs of fresh thyme
- Peel the kohlrabi. Shave it on a grader.
- Shave the cheese on the grader as well. I like to crumple some of the cheese to cover the kohlrabi and put some shaved pieces on the top. The amount is something like a handfull.
- Pour on the lemon juice and drizzle on some olive oil.
- Add salt and freshly graded black pepper corn.
- Add the chopped thyme.
- Mix and serve.
Text and photo by twincitiesherbs.com.