Berries are ready! An easy way to use up these delicious berries for breakfast is to make dutch baby. Dutch baby is made with three basic ingredients: milk, eggs and flour. Watch it puff up in the oven and wow your friends and family with this delicious breakfast. Make sure your guests are seated at the table when you bring it out because it settles pretty fast.
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 5 eggs
- handfull of berries (1 cup), sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- You will need a 10″ (2″ deep) oven proof skillet
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix milk, flour, eggs, salt, melted 2 Tbsp butter, vanilla extract untill no lumps remain. You can use an electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute if you wish.
- Let it rest for 1 hour. You can make it the night before too.
- Meanwhile gently warm up the remaing butter in the oven proof skillet and poor in the batter. Make sure it is at room temperature.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is nice and golden brown.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
- I served it with maple syrup.